Thursday, March 22, 2007

A New Project

So today I finally decided to start writing a proper blog, after toying with the idea on and off for a little while. Among other things, I want all of the random code I write to be freely available and accessible somewhere online under the GPL and it doesn't always fit nicely into existing projects/categories/paradigms/etc. I'll still send and/or upload whatever I can where an appropriate project exists somewhere, but this gives me a nice way to keep everything referenced from one place, regardless of what it is. Yes, I know - I could just upload everything into it's own project on SourceForge or something, but this also lets me explain everything and talk about stuff in an informal way. It also provides space for me to talk about programming and related topics in general, and gives me somewhere to post random thoughts and opinions on the world of software development. Lastly, I believe the whole idea of open source shouldn't be limited to the actual source itself - the whole process of creating software should be an organic, open, and cooperative activity in most cases, and so I'll be using this to document the life of my various projects, from start to 'release'.

No comments:

Post a Comment